Businesses today are continually faced with suggestions and ideas of how you can advance your organization. But having the data to support those notions is necessary to make an educated decision. Please keep reading to learn more about the data that can help make any security/IT decisions.
The State of Email Security Report provides a comprehensive look at the busiest year in cybersecurity history. It is based on a survey of 1,400+ security leaders and supported by Mimecast’s Threat Center data that screens more than one billion emails per day.
In 2021, 75% of companies were hurt by a ransomware attack, up from 61% in 2020. These are just a few of the findings included in Mimecast’s sixth annual “The State of Email Security Report.”
KEY REPORT STATISTICS
- 3 out of 4 companies are receiving an increased number of email-based threats.
- 80% of companies are bracing for the fallout from an email-borne attack.
- Cyberattacks are growing increasingly sophisticated, according to 52% of the respondents.
- 96% of companies have been the target of an email-related phishing attempt.
- 75% of companies were hurt by a ransomware attack, up from 61% in 2020.
- When faced with a ransomware attack, 64% of companies paid the ransom, yet nearly 4 out of 10 failed to recover their data.
- On average, 14% of IT budgets are allocated for cyber resilience.
- 95% of respondents say their cyber resilience has been impaired by insufficient funding.
- More than 8 out of 10 respondents believe their company is at risk due to inadvertent data leaks by careless or negligent employees.
- Only 23% of companies provide cyber awareness training to their employees on an ongoing basis, but 87% offer it at least once a quarter.
WE CAN HELP
According to the SOES 2022, on average, 14% of IT budgets are allocated for cyber-resilience. Cybercriminals are entirely aware of this statistic, and it only strengthens their confidence when attacking your business. The good news is that your IT Experts at PGH Networks work diligently to create a technology roadmap tailored to your budgets and goals, but not leaving security waist side. Contact us today to discuss your technology roadmap!