Avaya IP Office 9.0 Expands Collaboration Solutions for the Midmarket
- Avaya IP Office 9.0 moves up to support 2,000 users in a single software platform capable of deploying in as little as one hour
- Adds support for VMware® to increase choice of highly flexible deployment options
- Delivers easy access to largest range of endpoints for anywhere working
Santa Clara, Calif. – Avaya today unveiled new software designed from the ground up to streamline the way midmarket companies collaborate and communicate. At the center of the Avaya’s strategy is Avaya IP Office 9.0, a single software platform for collaboration with highly flexible deployment options for companies up to 2,000 users that is capable of being deployed in as little as an hour1.
Today’s introduction is part of the $2.5B investment Avaya has made over the past six years to transform from a telecommunications provider to a software and services led company focused on delivering collaboration and communications solutions that are open, mobile and centered on the cloud.
With over 12 million users already installed worldwide, Avaya IP Office now provides midmarket companies with a cost-effective, powerful platform for growth that delivers nearly 30% lower total cost of ownership compared to other solutions2. Through tightly woven integration, Avaya IP Office offers a seamless collaboration experience across voice, video, and mobility, providing end users with secure, easy access from their choice of devices.
Avaya IP Office 9.0 now offers:
- Simplified, Increased Scale – Avaya IP Office 9.0 software easily and cost-effectively scales to 2,000 users (previously 1,000 users) at up to 32 locations, delivering exceptional value and low total cost of ownership.
- Virtualization – IP Office 9.0 adds virtualized software running VMware vSphere 4.x or 5.x software. IP Office software can now run inside a virtual machine, on a dedicated server, an appliance, or a combination of these. This adds flexibility while enabling customers to match the deployment method to their infrastructure plans and objectives.
- Simplified Management – IP Office Web Manager for Server Edition provides a consolidated management view of a multi-site IP Office solution through a one-time log-in to a single URL. Web Manager allows access to a range of servers, along with solution-wide user management, and simplified management while enabling midmarket companies to reduce administrative overhead.
- Support for the Enterprise Branch – IP Office 9.0 can cost-effectively support multiple branch office deployment options: standalone, independent branch or connected to the Avaya Aura® network in distributed and centralized branch modes while being managed by Avaya Aura System Manager.
Avaya’s collaboration solutions for midmarket companies make up one of the most comprehensive portfolios in the market for this segment. Avaya IP Office can be augmented with the following:
- The Avaya Video Collaboration Solution for IP Office, which uniquely combines desktop, mobile, and HD room-based video collaboration in an affordable package.
- Avaya Ethernet switches with unique automated provisioning capabilities that provide fast, secure, network connectivity and power to Avaya’s midmarket collaboration solution at price points lower than comparable solutions from other vendors.
- Avaya Session Border Controller for comprehensive security for unified communications that also eliminate the need for mobile or remote workers to deal with VPN connections.
An Avaya IP Office midmarket collaboration solution supports the broadest range of end points – analog, digital, IP, and soft phones; PCs, Macs, Android and iOS smart phones and tablets.
Avaya IP Office is available now from Avaya Connect Channel Partners.
“Many agree that the midmarket is an underserved market segment, yet few vendors actually build their products from the ground up for these customers. Avaya is one of the few vendors that understands the unique qualities of midsize businesses and has applied a large, dedicated team of resources entirely focused on empowering midsize companies with simple, effective and engaging collaboration.”
Gary E. Barnett, senior vice president and general manager, Collaboration, Avaya
“As a team of biomedical researchers with offices around the world, collaboration is a core function of our business. We need a solid, easy to manage solution that will grow with us and provide the high-quality, feature-richness that allows us to securely share detailed information with each other. For us, Avaya IP Office has been a great fit and one we expect will serve our needs for well into the future.”
Carlos S. del Castillo, manager, IT Infrastructure, Cell Signaling Technology
“We are a global company with several local offices in a fast-paced services industry. Our clients expect us to be highly responsive and that often means collaborating across geographies and time zones. Avaya IP Office gives us the scalability to do that and to quickly add new employees and offices when ramping up a new client or campaign. The integration of Scopia video conferencing has proven invaluable to our ability to be effective as a global team. Our Avaya channel partner, Charterhouse Voice & Data, really nailed it when they recommended the Avaya solution – they focused on the user experience first and foremost ensuring that the technology works as hard as we do to serve our clients.”
Alistair Roberts, head of IT, M&C Saatchi
Avaya IP Office overview video
What’s New in Avaya IP Office 9.0
Tags: Avaya, IP Office, midsize business, collaboration, unified communications, BYOD, virtualization, SMB, video conferencing, voice
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit